Re: htdig: Making diacritic characters equivalent with non-diacritic characters when searching

Iosif Fettich (ifettich@netsoft.ro)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:38:27 +0200 (EET)

> I'd like htdig (3.0.8b2) to treat some characters as equivalent, so, for
> example, if you search "recit" with or without the acute e, you get the
> same result. Can someone point me to how to make that change?

If you can apply a patch, I'll be glad to send you one. I still didn't
found the time to make this available in a decent way, so that everyone -
programmer or not - could use it easily. sigh.

Some discussion on this can be found on this list - maybe you'll search
for 'asciify'.

Iosif Fettich