Re: htdig: "u != ü

Alexander Bergolth (
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:31:22 +0100

At 23:38 10.01.99 , Marcus J. Ertl wrote:
> I have a problem with german umlauts!
>It seems if htdig makes a different between ü and &uuml! When I search
>for "münchen" (= munich) nothing is found, but when I search for
>"münchen" many sites are found! (I already had set locale to
>iso_8859_1) What can I do?

Are you sure that iso_8859_1 is a valid locale on your system?

Try setting the locale to de_DE or en_US.

Look at the wordlist file. How are words with umlauts stored in this file?

Alexander (Leo) Bergolth
WU-Wien - Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste
Info Center
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?