Re: htdig: Patch for htsearch.cc, fixes "or or".

Marjolein Katsma (webmaster@javawoman.com)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:05:43 +0100

Hans-Peter,

Actually, I just found today that when you use a boolean search expression
like '(dog OR dogs) AND cat', $(WORDS) returns
'(dog OR OR dogs) AND AND cat'.

I solved it simply by using $(LOGICAL_WORDS) in the search form instead of
$WORDS), which then returns '(dog or dogs) and cat' (note the case
difference); it seems to work fine. Or am I missing something?

At 21:41 1999-01-10 +0100, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>If "and" is badworded (as default) but "or" isn't (should be no
>need to, as it is less than minimum_word_length), then if your
>search is "boolean", you will get "dog or or cat" in the
>$(WORDS) variable (as in the default string to search for next)
>on the resulting page.
>
>Maybe badWords.IsValid() should not have returned true for "or", as it
>does not meet the minimum_word_length, but if so, that's another bug.
[snip]

Marjolein Katsma webmaster@javawoman.com
Java Woman - http://javawoman.com/