Re: htdig: ht:/dig on the net

Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:36:30 -0500

>Actually, I think the error screen should be configurable as a template,
>like all (?) the other HTML output. It's totally internal now.
>
>Of course, there could be a default, and yes, the text for that default
>could be a bit clearer... ;-)

Actually, it's a bit of a moot point. This error comes up when people don't
specify a config file in the HTML form. The CGI takes the blank, puts the
directory on the front and ".conf" on the end and looks for that file.

After version 3.1.0b2, if it finds a blank entry in the form, it goes to
the default--this particular error won't happen.

As far as configuring error messages and screens... We could have a default
error template that receives the message. However, unless someone wants to
take on the project of pulling error strings out of the code, it's not
going to happen soon.