Re: htdig: ht:/dig on the net

Gilles Detillieux (
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 13:06:31 -0600 (CST)

According to Glenn Kinney:
> I have been trying to utilize the refined search engine to retrieve some
> info I have seen on it in the past. I keep getting the followin error
> message.
> ht://Dig error
> htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
> site. The error message is:
> Unable to read configuration file '/opt/www/htdig/conf/.conf'
> Thanks Lisa

Well, as the message says, the error should be reported to the *webmaster*
of the site where you were doing the search. It's a problem with the
configuration of the search form on that site, and/or their compile-time
options when they built htsearch -- not a bug that any of us on this list
can deal with. Most likely, the person who built htsearch on that site
didn't correctly define a default configuration file. Please notify the
maintainer of the site where the search error occurred.

I guess the error message should be made a bit clearer, as you're not the
first person to be confused by it.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: