Re: htdig: Error in Makefile.config

Alexander Bergolth (
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:56:36 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Anthony Peacock wrote:

> Another glitch I have noticed on my system (this was in htdig 3.1.0b2 as
> well), is that the Makefile.config line for defining the install program reads like
> this:
> INSTALL= ./install-sh -c
> as created by conffigure. This fails when running 'make install' from the
> distribution root directory. The line should read:
> INSTALL= ../install-sh -c
> Note the double dot.

configure detects the name of the install-program and substitutes this
value for @INSTALL@ in
./install-sh -c is correct for the top-level source-directory in which
Makefile.config resides but not for the subdirectories where
Makefile.config is included by the Makefiles.

So I moved the line
from into every subdirectories Now
configure should substitute the correct value.
(in the current CVS-tree)

Alexander (Leo) Bergolth
WU-Wien - Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste
Info Center
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?