htdig: Why two files? header.html and footer.html

Rodger Zeisler (rzeisler@eversoft.com)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:15:15 -0600

I am customising the html files that are located in common.

nomatch.html and syntax.html are each single files for displaying a 'no
match' error or a 'bad syntax' error page.

Instead of two separate html files (header.html and footer.html) to build
the top and bottom of the search results page, have you considered using a
keyword for the result set and using a single html page for the results
(like you do with nomatch.html and syntax.html)?

With a single page for results, it wouldn't require me to manually split an
html page that I have created with an html editor before I can use it. With
nomatch.html and syntax.html, I can create these with an html editor and use
them just as they are.

I do love having the html as a template external to htsearch.

Rodger Zeisler
Everest Software Corp. - http://www.outsourcing-mgmt.com/ - Helping You
Manage Software
InfoServer LLC - http://www.infoserver.com - The Journal For Strategic