Re: htdig: Compiling 3.1.04b on Solaris 2.4

Alexander Bergolth (leo@strike.wu-wien.ac.at)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:09:14 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi!

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Anthony Peacock wrote:

> system: Sparc 20, Solaris 2.4, egcs 1.0.3
> ./htlib/Connection.cc
> includes the file <strings.h>
>
> this doesn't exist in the usual paths under Solaris 2.4, therefore causing
> compile errors. It does exist in the /usr/ucbinclude directory, but including
> this amongst the includes causes other compile errors.

> The ChangeLog file mentions that this include file is to solve a problem under
> AIX, could the inclusion be made conditional on the OS?

I think a feature test is always better than an OS test, so I added a
configure-check for that file, so it is only included when it exists in
the usual include paths.

(It's in the current CVS-source tree.)

Cheers,
         Leo