Re: htdig: Error linking htdig on FreeBSD

Rick Wiggins (wiggins@gwis.com)
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 16:06:02 -0500

At 6:15 PM +0100 12/28/98, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>Hi Rick!
>
>Well... My system is not that much newer. I suggest you try the port;
>fetch it with cvsup or ftp the tarball from your freebsd mirror. Then
>alter Makefile: DISTNAME= htdig-3.1.0b2 --> htdig-3.1.0b3, or patch with
>this trivial diff I attached.
>
>Does this work? Probably not, since a direct make won't work. Please try
>anyway; you might be lucky. It works for me, with uname:
>FreeBSD trumpet.partitur.se 2.2.7-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Fri
>Oct 16 13:20:28 CEST 1998
>girgen@trumpet.partitur.se:/disk3/src/sys/compile/TRUMPET i386

Palle,

Thanks for the information. We just upgraded to FreeBSD 3.0 and
htdig-3.1.0b4 makes fine on this version! From your information, I thought
it might an OS version problem and since we were planning to upgrade
anyway, I thought I'd just wait and see. That did it! Thanks again for
the response...

Rick