Re: htdig: Indexing docs cached by proxy

Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:40:45 -0500

At 10:32 AM -0500 1/4/99, Peter Stamfest wrote:
>I ask this question as I keep around 10000 URLs around on my home machine
>via the wwwoffle caching http proxy. The urls and their corresponding data
>are stored in simple files. A solution would be to hand URL/<path to
>content-file> pairs to an indexer (with the hint not to follow links). Is
>something like this possible with htdig?

>If nothing like this exists, I am willing to implement something like
>this, as it would be handy for me to find that-special-page-naming-the-
>prize-for-the-XYZ-5000-ultra-cool-card-I-know-to-have-downloaded-a-week-
>ago...

WWWoffle and ht://Dig work well together. Andrew Bishop, the author of
WWWoffle, has included instructions on using ht://Dig with WWWoffle in the
latest version. I expect that certain features-to-come in ht://Dig will
make this even easier.