htdig: htdig.org has new hardware

Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 18:32:41 -0800

Hi folks,
As my first task in 1999, I moved everything related to htdig.org to its own
machine (It was on my workstation at work, before...) It is physically still
located in my office and still has a pretty good internet connection: 100Mb to
the switch, 10Mb to the T1 router, 1.54Mb to the switch, 100Mb to the router,
155Mb ATM to the Verio backbone.

You may experience some connectivity problems to hosts in the htdig.org domain
due to DNS propegation delays, but that should be cleared up in a day or so.
The only thing that doesn't work is the FTP server since that will require a
new hole in our firewall which I haven't dug, yet.

Let me know if you have any problems with the new setup.

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>