Re: htdig: htsearch core dumps

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:46:07 -0500 (EST)

> Any idea what I should be looking for? Viewing the .core file seems it
> indicate it is picking up teh correct configuration and finding the databases.

The best thing to do with core files from *any* program is the following:

gdb program core
... [Ed: Output omitted]
(gdb) bt
[Backtrace of program]

A backtrace of the core file usually gives the offending call as well as
the sequence of procedures to get to the current problem. You can also run
programs under gdb, which will provide even more information, such as the
line of the program that caused the coredump, the status of variables,
etc.