Re: htdig: Can htdig return a link on a page?

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:43:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Kevin Campbell wrote:

> I'm creating a site that will contain ten or twelve pages of url's.
> Each page will contain
> several hundred url's. I need a search engine which will return the url,
> instead of the page
> the url is located on. Can your htdig do this? Thanks, Scott.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Do you want the search engine to
return a URL to a specific query? Do you want the search engine to index
the URLs? Do the "ten or twelve pages" just have URLs?

If you can be a little more specific, it would be easier to answer your
question. From what you've said so far, it sounds like you have some sort
of categorical index of URLs consisting of the twn to twelve pages. In
that case, you're probably best served by writing your own simple CGI, or
putting the whole index into a database. There are several good CGIs
available that will do this nicely and provide searching.