htdig: Error linking htdig on FreeBSD

Rick Wiggins (wiggins@gwis.com)
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 08:57:29 -0500

All,

I am trying to compile htdig 3.1.0b3 on FreeBSD 2.2. The configure seems
to work fine, but when I try to make the applications I get this:

c++ -o htfuzzy -L../htlib -L../htcommon -L../db/dist -L../rx/rx -L/usr/lib
Endin
gs.o EndingsDB.o Exact.o Fuzzy.o Metaphone.o Soundex.o SuffixEntry.o
Synonym.o
 htfuzzy.o Substring.o Prefix.o ../htcommon/libcommon.a ../htlib/libht.a
../d
b/dist/libdb.a ../rx/rx/librx.a
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_alloc.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_dir.o: Undefined symbol `___error' referenced from text segment
os_fid.o: More undefined symbol ___error refs follow
*** Error code 1

I haven't been able to locate where this reference is made or how I might
help the thing resolve this reference. Any pointers will be greatly
appreciated!

Rick Wiggins