Re: htdig: error running rundig

Mentor Cana (mentor@alb-net.com)
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:16:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> Solaris is pretty picky about shared libraries. You'll need to set the
> variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your rundig script to include the directory
> with libstdc++. It's very easy to have the shared library in your path
> when you compile and run the binary w/o it.

Thanks! That part worked!

However, now I get the following errors when trying to search:
-----
ld.so.1: htsearch: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.8.1: open failed: No such file or
directory
[Sun Dec 27 21:10:48 1998] [error] Premature end of script headers:
/opt/Summertime_98.i386/apache/share/cgi-bin/htsearch
-----

I tried to add "PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH" but didn't solve the problem.
Where do I need to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that htsearch knows about it?
Do I need to do it in Makefile.config and recompile?!

Thanks for any help!

later,
Mentor