Re: htdig: htmerge question

Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:42:53 -0500 (EST)

> that would result in htmerge using less virtual memory? Ideally, is
> there any way for me to use a large mmap'ed file (since I have about
> 6 Gig of free disk space) instead of swap space?

I could often use less memory with htmerge by building the two databses
(word and docs) separately. I found the memory leak causing this and will
fix it when I get back from break next week. In the meantime, I suggest
making sure TMPDIR is set to something other than /tmp and running htmerge
in two passes.