htdig: htmerge question

Marc Evans (
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:25:32 -0500

Hi -

I am encountering:

        htmerge: Total documents: 13068
        htmerge: Total doc db size (in K): 169161
        Virtual memory exceeded in `new'

I am running on a BSDI-4.0 system with 64M RAM and 128M swap. So,
that number makes alot of sense. Unfortunately, I don't have a
convienent way to add more swap.

My question is, what can I adjust in the running of htmerge or htdig
that would result in htmerge using less virtual memory? Ideally, is
there any way for me to use a large mmap'ed file (since I have about
6 Gig of free disk space) instead of swap space?

Thanks in advance - Marc