Re: htdig: forbidden error when search is run

Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:04:42 -0600 (CST)

According to Geoff Hutchison:

> > I am a newbie at this and certainly not a pro at Unix, but I have installed
> > Htdig and I think everything is in place and when I run a search a Forbidden
> > errror is returned. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
> > Permissions should be correct, but maybe I am not looking in the right
>
> I'd check the following things:
> 1) Permission of htsearch. It should be readable and executable by the
> user that runs your webserver (or just everyone if you wish).

Also make sure that your HTTP server allows running CGI programs from
the directory in which you've installed htsearch. The default configuration
of the typical web server only allows CGI programs in (ServerRoot)/cgi-bin/.
If your running Apache or NCSA httpd, look for a ScriptAlias or
AddHandler cgi-script directive in its srm.conf file.