Re: htdig: forbidden error when search is run

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:50:19 -0500 (EST)

> I am a newbie at this and certainly not a pro at Unix, but I have installed
> Htdig and I think everything is in place and when I run a search a Forbidden
> errror is returned. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
> Permissions should be correct, but maybe I am not looking in the right

I'd check the following things:
1) Permission of htsearch. It should be readable and executable by the
user that runs your webserver (or just everyone if you wish).
2) Permissions on the databases. These should also be readble by the user
that runs your webserver (or everyone again).

For example:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ghutchis ghutchis 332204 Dec 20 22:19 htsearch