Re: htdig: error msg

Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:45:59 -0800

Eric Luhrs wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Andrew Scherpbier wrote:
> > Oops! Looks like someone assumed that /bin/sh is actually bash or ksh.
> > The standard /bin/test doesn't know about the -nt option, nor does the
> > builtin test that solaris' /bin/sh uses.
>
> Thanks for replying so fast. Can you tell me how to remedy this? It
> sounds like it will be simple, but I'm not quite sure what to do... Is
> there something I can change in rundig, or sould I get another version of
> /bin/sh, or modify the test... thanks for your help.
>
> Eric

probably the simplest thing to do is to remove the conditions at the bottom of
your rundig after the line with

        # Are they too old?

What you'll loose is the automatic recreation of the endings and synonyms
databases if the sources for those changed. However, those don't change
unless you explicitly want to change them; you'll just have to remember to
rerun the htfuzzy program with the appropriate arguments again.

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>