Re: htdig: $EXCERPT and <META> descriptions

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:55:10 -0500

At 6:01 PM -0500 12/17/98, Andrew McCormick wrote:
>However, the output only displays the description I've specified in the
><META> tag if one or more of the search words is in the description.
>Otherwise, the no_excerpt_text is displayed. Is there a way to display the
>description *always*, regardless of whether there's a search word match? I
>tried looking through the config options, but found nothing.

This is actually true of excerpts in general. It's the default behavior.

So you have two choices.
1) Use excerpt_show_top: This will *always* show the top of an excerpt/meta
description no matter what.
2) If you have 3.1.0b3, use no_excerpt_show_top: This will show the context
if it finds the search word, and the top if not.