Re: htdig: max length of titles ?

Geoff Hutchison (
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:56:47 -0500

At 10:40 PM -0500 12/16/98, Tom wrote:
>I'd like to keep the title down to 5-8 words if i could or a certain
>number of bytes or characters..

If you don't mind patching the code, it's pretty easy. You'd go into
htdig/ and look for the "Retriever::got_title" method. Then you
put in a test for the length of the title and insert a null in the
appropriate place if it's too long.

I'd supply a short patch, but I should get back to work.
Good luck!