Re: htdig: Some newbie questions

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:41:19 -0500

At 10:13 AM -0500 12/17/98, Jürgen Kaatz (Rainer Obermeit GmbH) wrote:
>1. Is it possible to show a matching file, which is part of an frameset, in
>between this frameset. When the file is in the matching list, the refering
>link shows only the file itself. Is there any configurable parameter or
>something like that ?

Someone may have a solution for this. It's a problem shared by every search
engine I know of--it essentially functions like a text browser and has no
real sense of frames. So it doesn't know that there are frames around the
document.

>The result is, that the above databases get very very big and the
>htfuzzy-process semms to get a zombie-process.
>Can anybody give me some hints for the right use and a description how it
>must work ?

>From talking with a few people about this, the problem is the German
grammar more than htfuzzy! :-( It zooms through the easy parts of the .aff
file, but then it runs into complex rules and takes a long time to finish.
If someone has a good solution (maybe a database repository for complex
languages?) let us know!