htdig: ht://dig for dummies?

Grant M. Sumsion (sumsion@az-law.com)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:51:38 -0700

I have been looking for a search engine that can be used to search a
site that I am working on. I need the search engine to be able to take
information from several fields in an html form, search my site for
pages that match those fields, and return a list of matching sites. It
looks to me like ht://dig may be the solution.

Here's the problem. I am not a computer guy -- at all! I did set up
Excite's search engine on my site, and was able to get it to work
properly, but it would only accept the first field from my search form.
Everything else was ignored. I looked into SWISH-E, but I was never
able to understand that program. Is there someplace I can look for an
extremely basic explanation of how to set up and operate ht://dig?

--
Grant M. Sumsion
sumsion@az-law.com