htdig: Pages get indexed, but no results

Andriu Isenring Ritsch (webmaster@netsolution.ch)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:54:11 +0100

Hello

When running htdig -isv I can see all pages that get indexed.

Now I take some words from a page that I have seen has been indexed.
These words are unique to that page.

When I search for these words, no results are displayed, that means,
htsearch can not find a page with these words, although the page was
indexed.

(Yes, I did run htmerge, and max_head_length is 50'000, and the words im
looking fore are within these 50'000)

What could be the problem?

It affects only some pages (especially on one site it affects most of
the pages), and with others there is no problem...

Thanks
Andriu