Re: htdig: virtual hosts revisited

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:00:52 -0500

At 5:28 AM -0500 12/15/98, Walter Hafner wrote:
>I'd like to have real substring search and case sensitive search. And
>while I'm dreaming, a regexp subset would be nice. :-)

There's already a substring search. As for case_sensitive, it's an idea,
but currently all words are stored as lowercase, so it's not an easy
feature to add. On the other hand, regular expression matching of words
will come sometime in the near future. (Note that I said words. :-)

>That would be great, of course. As I wrote already: I don't know C++,
>but I imagine that holding checksums for ~130.000 URLs (in my case)
>results in HUGE memory consumption. hd://Dig 3.1.0b2 already wants 120
>MB on my machine. :-)

Well this is a possibility. It's also a feature that would probably require
some significant testing. :-) After all, we don't want it to
indiscriminately remove documents.

>As I wrote in another Mail: Why not use the lower hopcount, _unless_ the
>name is explicitely stated in the server_aliases ?

Of course. As it stands now, server_aliases is already implemented and as
it stands will take precedence over any other duplicate elimination scheme.