Re: htdig: configure error

Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:07:05 -0600 (CST)

According to Jesús Arribi:
> I execute the configure script and I get this:
>
> checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.0b2
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
> Do you know what's wrong?

At first glance, I'd say either your system doesn't have a C compiler
installed, or if it does, configure isn't finding it in any of the usual
locations. Could you provide the mailing list with some specifics about
which version of which operating system your running, what C compiler
you have, and where it's installed? The configure program looks for
cc and gcc in all directories listed in your PATH environment variable.
What is your PATH set to? Do you know in which directory cc or gcc is
on your system? You're not giving us much to go on.