htdig: how to debug

Marcus J. Ertl (st002556@hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 00:41:54 +0100

hello!
  I'm new to Linux and programming under Unix! So this may be a silly
question: after checking all settings an pathes, after recompiling
htsearch and reuploading it, it still doesn't work for me! On my
home-PC it works great, but on the server it runs without errormessage,
but shows no result! It only tells me, that it has nothing found! :o(
in $(words) I can see still the searchstring but $(logical_words) stays
empty! How can I trace the error? I have no Idea how I can locate it!

By the time: what is the right mode for uploading the db-files? I used
bin and ascii, but none of them make htsearch working!

Please help me! (tests can be made unter: http://www.larp-welt.de)

Thank you very much!