Re: htdig: Put list for limit_urls in a file?

Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:27:40 -0600 (CST)

According to Peter H. Lemieux:

> I'm building a specialized search engine that has a long list of entries
> in the limit_urls_to and exclude_urls fields. According to the docs,
> these entries have to appear as strings in the configuration file. Is
> there any way to have an entry like:
>
> limit_urls_to: @/some/path/to/file_with_entries
>
> where the entries can be listed one per line?

I haven't tried it myself, but I think this would do the trick:

limit_urls_to: `/some/path/to/file_with_entries`

You should also be able to use variable substitutions within the left
quotes. E.g.:

limit_urls_to: `${config_dir}/file_with_entries`