htdig: Unable to build connection with

Andriu Isenring Ritsch (
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:08:06 +0100

When I run htdig -isvvv the program seems to start as it should, but I
get the message:

unable to build connection with

where is the www address entered in htdig.conf.

I can ping the host - no problem, and I can view the pages in the
browser, so the server is reachable and the network is ok.

I'm using S.U.S.E Linux 5.3 and the htdig that came with the package.

As I said, it seems to work, but connection is not possible - what can I
do about it?

Andriu Isenring Ritsch