Re: htdig: Put list for limit_urls in a file?

Andrew Scherpbier (
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 10:52:33 -0800

"Peter H. Lemieux" wrote:
> I'm building a specialized search engine that has a long list of entries
> in the limit_urls_to and exclude_urls fields. According to the docs,
> these entries have to appear as strings in the configuration file. Is
> there any way to have an entry like:
> limit_urls_to: @/some/path/to/file_with_entries
> where the entries can be listed one per line?
> Peter

Yes. The syntax is a little different, though.

        limit_urls_to: `/some/path/to/file_with_entries`

In the configuration file, anything between backticks '`' (after the ':'!)
will be included inline. One line per URL is the preferred method.
More info about this can be gathered from in the
configuration file section.

Andrew Scherpbier <>
Contigo Software <>