htdig: prefix search

Ariadne Costa (
Wed, 09 Dec 98 16:09:07 -0300

     Hello, I'm trying to make a combination in search algorithm such as,
     if I search for "bola" I get matches in "bola", "bolacha", or
     "carambola", but I don't want synonymous, or a match that doens't have
     the string "bola" in it. So I tried the combination:
     exact:1 prefix:1 endings:1
     But I only get the exact match. I only get something different if I
     use metaphone or soundex, but that is too different. Any suggest?