Re: htdig: French Characters again !

Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:41:40 -0600 (CST)

According to Defranould:
> Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > Well, I'm not that familiar with Solaris, but it seems you're running a
> > current version, so it should have all the locale stuff. A Solaris system
> > at our University, which I've just checked, seems to define a "fr" locale,
> > as well as fr_BE, fr_CA, and fr_CH, but not fr_FR. Maybe for Solaris,
> > you should set locale to fr.ISO_8859-1 ?
>
> Yes that's true.
> I solved my problem now.
> In fact I should use locale: fr_FR.ISO_8859-1. I don't why, but it is
> not fixed and I used only locale: fr. And it works !

I guess every OS handles locales a little differently. As long as it
works, though, I guess that's what matters.

> Just another question in case : are you running on HP ? Can you help me
> with configuration with HP (I think it is an HP problem because I did
> not face this problem while configuring on Solaris/SUN) ?

I'm running Linux almost exclusively here, so that's where most of my
current experience lies. No HP experience, sorry. However, if you
search through the FAQ and the mailing list archives on www.htdig.org,
you'll probably find tips on HPUX installation and configuration. If
that doesn't help, post a question to the htdig mailing list, and there's
probably someone who'll be able to help. Good luck with it.