Re: htdig: Priority for certain URLs

Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:13:42 -0500

At 10:24 AM -0500 12/9/98, Andrew Scherpbier wrote:
>Matthew Whalen wrote:
>>
>> I use htdig to index documents from about 20 servers. I would like to
>> give the documents from one server in particular an artificial boost
>> in ranking so that they are more likely to show up at the top of searches.
>> Is this currently possible, and if so, how? Thanks
>>
>> -matthew
>
>Not currently. Interesting idea, though. Geoff?

It's been asked before (and forwarded to the bug/feature DB). Other search
ranking ideas are always welcome. I'll be very interested to hear the
feedback on what I put into the next release.

Current suggestions: (not all of these are necessarily going to work)

hopcount_factor deeper documents aren't as useful?
url_length_factor shorter URLs are better
size_factor shorter documents are better?

In addition there will eventually be some useful new fuzzy matching,
including "speling" [sic].

-Geoff