Re: htdig: no indexes on Tree

Wolfgang Brungert (wbr@newton.msro.DeTeMobil.de)
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 10:02:49 +0100

Hello Andrew,

> Wolfgang Brungert wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > i have a problem with the htdig 3.0.8b2.
> >
> > Our WWW Server are navigated through a Java Applet (TreeView) This Appplet are
> > drived with one special file, where are entry's for every page are made. There
> > are "no" index.html files.
> >
> > My problem is that the directory structure are not indexed by htdig, so i can
> > not search !!!!
> >
> > Has anyone a solution for this ???
>
> Yes... here are two possible solutions:
>
> 1) Put normal links before the </applet>. That way they won't be displayed
> on a brower that understands Java but will be seen by htdig and browsers that
> don't understand Java.
>
> 2) Create a separate page with links that you use as the starting point for
> htdig.
>
> Either of these should be pretty easy to set up if you already use some sort
> of automated method of setting up your tree structure.
>
> --
> Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>
> Contigo Software <http://www.contigo.com/>

i used the 2) Version :-)

but when i set up the htdig.conf file with "start_url
http://www.intern.de/Handbuch/xyz.html" and running htdig, i got tonns of url
rejected lines ?????

( i will only search a subdirectory of the complete server !! )

Any hint ???

Thanks,
Wolfgang Brungert

 Wolfgang Brungert                         phone: +49 251 977 4142
 DeTeMobil                                 fax:   +49 251 977 4149
 Roddestrasse 12                           mail: wbr@DeTeMobil.de
 48047 Muenster