Re: htdig: Logging the search words

Gilles Detillieux (
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:59:51 -0600 (CST)

According to John Coleman:
> > Is there a way to log the search
> > entries entered in htdig? If there isn't I think I would be a cool tool
> > to have and beside a real easy one to implement.
> There have been several patches submitted to the mailing list to do this.
> Another way is to filter the entries in your web server log and generate
> a report. No claim that this is the most elegant or efficient way to do
> this but it works for me:

If you use the web server log to track searches, remember to change the
search.html file to use <form method="get" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch">
instead of method="put", or you'll miss the searches submitted from that
page and only get the followup searches submitted from the common/*.html

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: