htdig: Re: htdig/htsearch.exe Win32

Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 11:03:52 -0800

Alan Frostick wrote:

> Hi Andrew!
>
> I recently asked htdig.org if they were considering releasing a binary
> version of htsearch.exe for Windows 95, for use under localhost mode
> with Apache on my development PC at home. I run a website which uses
> htsearch on the server, and it works very well. My problem was to run an
> offline version for searching a development website offline.
>
> Geoff Hutchison suggested I try out the experimental binary under
> htdig.org/files/binaries
> and let him know whether I succeeded or not.
>
> Having downloaded the 1.7 Mb file (which I presume originates from
> you) I attempted to install this under Apache's cgi-bin.
> When running a search the htsearch.exe reports it is unable to
> start a child process because of a required library file: namely
> CYGWIN1.DLL
> This is not supplied within the gzip file, and since you are quoted as
> its author I thought I'd ask you for advice before getting back to Geoff.
> I read in the README file that it is intended for NT4, but maybe Win95 too?
>
> Best regards
> Alan

I am the origianl author of ht://Dig, not of the win32 port of ht://Dig.
However, I think I can help you here... You need to get and install the
cygwin package from http://www.cygnus.com/. It was used to create the win32
port and any programs created with it require the DLL that your copy complains
about.

I hope that helps.

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>