htdig/htsearch.exe Win32

Alan Frostick (kernel.goa@t-online.de)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:57:27 +0100

Hi Andrew!

I recently asked htdig.org if they were considering releasing a binary
version of htsearch.exe for Windows 95, for use under localhost mode
with Apache on my development PC at home. I run a website which uses
htsearch on the server, and it works very well. My problem was to run an
offline version for searching a development website offline.

Geoff Hutchison suggested I try out the experimental binary under
 htdig.org/files/binaries
and let him know whether I succeeded or not.

Having downloaded the 1.7 Mb file (which I presume originates from
you) I attempted to install this under Apache's cgi-bin.
When running a search the htsearch.exe reports it is unable to
start a child process because of a required library file: namely
 CYGWIN1.DLL
This is not supplied within the gzip file, and since you are quoted as
its author I thought I'd ask you for advice before getting back to Geoff.
I read in the README file that it is intended for NT4, but maybe Win95 too?

Best regards
Alan

Alan Frostick, Rutschbahn 35, 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Tel. and Fax +49(0)40 451129
eMail alan@frostick.de kernel.goa@t-online.de
http://www.frostick.de http://www.goatrance.de/kernel/