Re: htdig: htdig problem II

Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:57:41 -0600 (CST)

According to webmaster@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au:
> On 3 Dec, Mak Ludewig wrote:
> > html-search-file generated by ht://dig.
> > After typing in a word and clicking on submit, I get following
> > error-message from the server:
> >
> > "your browser send a query that this server cannot understand".
> >
> > What could be a possible reason for this error - and what should I do to
> > fix this?
> Is your server configured to accept a POST request?

If your server doesn't allow POST requests, it's easy to make htsearch use
GET requests instead. Just edit your search.html file to change the line:

<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch">

to:

<form method="get" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch">

The follow-up forms in common/*.html seem to use the GET method already.
If you changed these to POST on your system, you'll need to change them
back to GET as well.