Re: htdig: no indexes on Tree

Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 08:04:19 -0800

Wolfgang Brungert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have a problem with the htdig 3.0.8b2.
>
> Our WWW Server are navigated through a Java Applet (TreeView) This Appplet are
> drived with one special file, where are entry's for every page are made. There
> are "no" index.html files.
>
> My problem is that the directory structure are not indexed by htdig, so i can
> not search !!!!
>
> Has anyone a solution for this ???

Yes... here are two possible solutions:

1) Put normal links before the </applet>. That way they won't be displayed
on a brower that understands Java but will be seen by htdig and browsers that
don't understand Java.

2) Create a separate page with links that you use as the starting point for
htdig.

Either of these should be pretty easy to set up if you already use some sort
of automated method of setting up your tree structure.

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>