Re: htdig: Question on the subset attrbute

Andrew Scherpbier (andrew@contigo.com)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 10:47:28 -0800

Roger Whitney wrote:

> According to the docs at: http://www.sdsu.edu/~turtle/usearch.html the
> following search request should be restricted to web pages with
> http://www.eli.sdsu.edu in
> their url. However, that does not seem to be the case. How do I restrict
> htdig searches to
> a subset of the sdsu domain?
>
> http://www.sdsu.edu/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=sdsu&subset=http://www.eli.sdsu.edu&
> words=button&method=and

That page is *extreemely* old! The correct URL would be:

http://www.sdsu.edu/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=htdig&restrict=http://www.eli.sdsu.edu&method=and&words=button

Note that you need to use 'config=htdig' and 'restrict' instead of 'subset'

You can find out more about the details of the form parameters htsearch
accepts at http://www.htdig.org/hts_form.html

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>