Re: htdig: Htdig gone troppo ?

Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:11:20 -0500

At 6:27 AM -0500 12/2/98, simon wrote:
>After deleting the db files I ran htdig -v -c usr/... but forgot to
>put the -i , it seems ok but could there be any problems ?

Nope, it's smart about that. If it doesn't see old databases for it to use,
it will do what it would do with -i.

>send htdig loose on the Internet indexing all sorts of stuff off the
>site (logged in the proxy as well as viewed in verbose mode) even though
>max hops were set to 1 - any ideas on this one ? - it really was going
>ferral ?

Hmm. That's weird. I'll bet that it decided that the URL went until the
next " character and then tried every word as a URL or something like that.

Does that sound about right? What did you set "limit_urls_to"