Re: htdig: I'll == ill ???

Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:15:46 -0500

At 7:31 PM -0500 12/2/98, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>but when trying to find the word in the document text, for the excerpt,
>it doesn't. It does a case insensitive search for the first matching
>word, but when looking for "ill" it doesn't match "I'll" in the text.
>
>Ah, well, I don't think it's that big a deal. Not enough to rewrite the
>way Display::excerpt() searches for the word.

I'd like to see Display::excerpt() make use of the location field for the
word. Why are we doing a search for the first matching word when we've
indexed the location of the first occurrence of every word? :-)

The reason for the asymmetry probably has something to do with
valid_punctuation.

>In my case, I have max_head_length set to 50000, and the matched documents
>are all smaller than that, so the word is in the excerpt, but isn't being
>found.

I think you mean to say displayed? After all, I think you're saying it
found a document with "I'll" in it, right?