Re: htdig: Meta Tags Question

Paul Wolstenholme (wolstena@sfu.ca)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:52:19 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> At 8:34 PM -0500 12/2/98, Paul Wolstenholme wrote:
>
> >We a currently, using htdig to search through our journal articles. In
> >each article, we have meta tags that are in the following format:

> >I would like to be able to add radio buttons (or the like) to the search
> >form so that our users could narrow their search to just the author or
> >title info located taken from the meta tags. Is this now possible? If so
> >how?
>
> Not really. You can set these tags to be included as meta keywords, but
> this will just lump them in with other keywords. So I'm assuming your
> databases included the documents indexed by author and by title or
> something like that. This is probably the best workaround at the moment.

Is this still the best way or is there another method I should consider.
(It would be great if I could have separate dbs for author and title):

... you could setup two databases. One will be a normal one while the
second one is greated with a config file that has the following:

keyword_factor: 10
text_factor: 0
title_factor: 0
heading_factor_1: 0