Re: htdig: Meta Tags Question

Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:19:12 -0500

At 8:34 PM -0500 12/2/98, Paul Wolstenholme wrote:

>We a currently, using htdig to search through our journal articles. In
>each article, we have meta tags that are in the following format:

>I would like to be able to add radio buttons (or the like) to the search
>form so that our users could narrow their search to just the author or
>title info located taken from the meta tags. Is this now possible? If so
>how?

Not really. You can set these tags to be included as meta keywords, but
this will just lump them in with other keywords. So I'm assuming your
databases included the documents indexed by author and by title or
something like that. This is probably the best workaround at the moment.

This has been requested and it's on the TODO list.