Re: htdig: I'll == ill ???

Jed Michnowicz (jmichno@homer.providence.edu)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:35:25 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>Here's a strange quirk in ht://Dig I just discovered. If you search for
>"illness", the query is expanded to "(illness or ill or ills)", and the
>word "ill" brings up any document that contains "I'll", with the text
>"(None of the search words were found in the top of this document.)"
>appearing instead of a document excerpt.

This is not a quirk. You must be using the "endings" fuzzy search which
is used to match common word endings. More info at:
http://www.htdig.org/htfuzzy.html

If the word searched is not at the top of the docuemnt text, but still
within the document it displays that message. You can force htdig to
display the search summary with this config option:

excerpt_show_top: true

-Jed