Re: htdig: MS Office files -- help indexing them, please!

Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:53:43 -0500 (EST)

> dynamic db! I guess I could move to Solaris 2.6, which doesn't have the 2Gb
> limitation. I'd like to hear how other folks have dealt with this problem.
> As you can see, I'm indexing a *huge* amount of documents...

That would be my suggestion, unless you can see an easy way to split your
databases (i.e. you'll never want to search all of them at once).

One site I know would probably have a database that large, but they split
their databases based on topics. Since it's less likely for a topic
database to become that large, it's not a problem.