"keywords" not included in subsequent pages

Charles Scott (cscott@freeway.net)
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:27:06 -0500 (EST)

Andrew:
  I noticed that the keywords= parameter wasn't included in the links to
other pages of results using the $(PREVPAGE) $(PAGELIST) $(NEXTPAGE)
substitution. This caused the value of the "keywords" parameter to be
ignored on those subsequent pages.
  Since I didn't find any references to this in the change logs and it
appears that the version running at www.htdig.org has this very problem,
I figured you'd be interested in knowing. I'm running htdig-3.1.0b1.
  To work around this, I stuck the following lines in htsearch/Display.cc
(Revision 1.11) just after line 436.

    if (input->exists("words"))
        s << "keywords=" << input->get("keywords") << '&';

  This seems to solve the problem for my application although it was a
quick stab and it would be nice to know if that was the right way to fix
it.

Charles Scott
Gaslight Media
cscott@gaslightmedia.com