Re: htdig: Parsing search results with .shtml

Sat, 28 Nov 1998 12:58:40 -0500 (EST)

> Consider the case where the footer File has an include statement like:
> <!--#include file='includes/german_footer.html'-->

The problem is that the server never sees the header or footer files to
parse. With any CGI, the server expects to do its work and just send the
proper output.

So server features like picking a page based on language or XSSI currently
need to be picked up by the CGI. At the moment, this doesn't happen.

> I really think this would be a cool feature!

Sure! Currently it's already on the TODO list.
(I'd also love to see some way that we could get the server to do some
work too.)