RE: htdig: HTDIG on a Win32 Box

Klaus Mueller (K.Mueller@intershop.de)
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 17:26:22 +0100

That's no problem. Where can I place the binaries? Can I send it to you and
you place it on a public place?

> > Changes:
> > 1. add an Line "#include <getopt.h>" to all executable files.
> > 2. Replace the db package by a new version and made some
> changes there
> > (reported to the author of libdb)
>
> The easiest way to contribute the changes are to send me a
> patch for #1
> and I'll add it to the CVS tree. I already grabbed the
> version of db you
> mentioned and if you have changes for these, I can take them
> if they've
> been reported to Sleepycat as you mention.

It's my first diff run. I hope you see the changes.

----------------------------------
diff -ranH htdig-3.1.0b2/htdig/main.cc htdig-3.1.0b2win32/htdig/main.cc
a4 1
#include <getopt.h>
diff -ranH htdig-3.1.0b2/htfuzzy/htfuzzy.cc
htdig-3.1.0b2win32/htfuzzy/htfuzzy.cc
a47 1
#include <getopt.h>
diff -ranH htdig-3.1.0b2/htmerge/htmerge.cc
htdig-3.1.0b2win32/htmerge/htmerge.cc
d27 1
a27 1
#include <getopt.h>
diff -ranH htdig-3.1.0b2/htnotify/htnotify.cc
htdig-3.1.0b2win32/htnotify/htnotify.cc
a52 1
#include <getopt.h>
diff -ranH htdig-3.1.0b2/htsearch/htsearch.cc
htdig-3.1.0b2win32/htsearch/htsearch.cc
a62 1
#include <getopt.h>
----------------------------------

> > Installation:
> > The installation works with a "install" program wrapper
> script provided by
> > the Cygwin community.
>
> If this is a GPL script, I can provide it. I would probably put it in
> under contrib/. (If it doesn't include a copyright or an
> author, please
> send information on those.)

I add it here because of no copyright message:
----------------------------------
#! /bin/sh
# file: install
# author: earnie email: earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
#
# Install Preprocessor for the gnu-win32 "make install" command.
#
# To use:
# - locate the original install.exe (should be somewhere
# in <cygnuspath>\bin\)
# - rename it to cyg_install.exe, i.e
# mv install.exe cyg_install.exe
# - copy this file to <cygnuspath>/bin/install
#
# Note:
# No warranty implicit or explicit is given.
# You may copy, distribute and use as you see fit.
# USE AT YOU OWN RISK.
#
# changed: M.Hirmke email: mh@mike.franken.de
# changed ginstall to cyg_install, because some packages are looking
# for ginstall
#
# changed: Dr David Coe email: david@coent.demon.co.uk
# "I seem to remember earnie's script gave trouble (in X11 or lesstif
# make install) when both <exec.exe> and <exec> are present
# simultaneously). The attached helped."
#
# changed: Dr Pierre A. Humblet email: humblet@eurecom.fr
# Modify logic to work when several files are installed in a
# directory, some with the .exe extension and others without.

tstr=""
while test $# -gt 1;
do
  if test -e $1.exe;
  then
    suffix=".exe";
  else
    suffix="";
  fi
  tstr="${tstr}${1}${suffix} "
  shift;
done
if test -d $1
then
  suffix="";
fi
tstr="${tstr}${1}${suffix}"

eval "cyg_install.exe $tstr";
exit

> -Geoff Hutchison

Aske me please if you or anyone else need more information.

Bye
Klaus